Tuesday, October 07, 2014

A Journal for my Scions

This is an excerpt from my Irises series. Read the full poetry at my fictionpress
And it begins like this…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`


This is a story I once knew. As blurred as it was, it seems like it was yesterday and this body now is speaking with the terms of the dead. I am the descendant of the past and the past brings nothing but death and the tale was told by the scroll of the truth.

I am trapped within these walls and my scions are here with me. I am trapped upon the tattooed irises that were cursed upon me. I am holding a new born life, with my trembling hand and I am blind among the living and the evil and the dead that surround me are so vivid. I wish not to be around them and I just want them to disappear. We can't stand this pressure any longer as these evil souls would prick our white eyes and would make us mortals alike to suffer. We finally cried.

It continues…

And life has never been the same. It begins with little tears and now it pricks even harder and the pain would not go away. We live in hell on earth within this castle within a free kingdom but inside, evil is holding us back. They are threatening us with white lies and would perish out red blood scions. They lured in to those who are free. They have blinded them with sweet serenade of music and glasses of red wine. I keep this journal to remind of my future kind for what they have to face ever since the first pricked eyes. It burns our eye to massacre our hope to live and this plaque shall continue its' journey for the future.

There is more as I read about the past. I am sitting here accompanied by the lights on my table in my night gown, feeling the chills that the truth has revealed. It is horrendous and as a living scion, I shall fight this. As a scion, I shall live this curse and I shall one day escape out of this castle to the kingdom to seek help from the unknown scion who fled before me and together they' will set them us free. It has been years since my scarred Irises ignite as I dream of a wave of new evil....

I wonder more…

No comments: